Friday, March 2, 2012

Nara

Deer, Deer, Everywhere!


So...Technically, this trip took place right after Osaka...(January 5th?) but I got lazy and didn't feel like posting it up, so here it is now....

The trip to deer central Nara, Japan.

Nara actually didn't seem to be all that large... I'm pretty sure it was just the area that we were in that was so small though.




It feels quite empty, but also quite calm.......  Like a small village instead of a grand city.

Around 15 minutes into our walk in Nara, Japan, we ran across this temple.  The first sign of something temple like.  I always liked these kinds of temples

 In Nara, they seem to have a popular snack involving candied fruits.  Specifically candied apples, but they had other fruits as well.


 I chose the delectable looking candied strawberries.  If there's one thing about Japan that I must appreciate, it's that the Japanese strawberries are usually quite sweet.  They're really expensive though!


In the middle of the somewhat small city was a glorious pond~
We were told that there were a lot of great views from this pond.
 .......I didn't realize how cloudy it was that day.....

From that view......we see:

 Zis.

 
Up closer.

 The stairway to heaven?

On a slight side note.....(Not really, considering this is Nara and it's kinda what we came for), deers are jerks!  I woulda never guessed.



They were pretty tame though....

Over all, I gotta say I had a great time in Nara and Osaka.

1 comment:

  1. The face of the deer laying down looks as if planted there and not its real face.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a marshmallow?