Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reitaku University

As I promised, I'm here to bring a small tour of my current (for 1 year) campus.  This is the not very attractive back entrance of Reitaku University.  The actual entrance is much nicer, just to tell you, this is the way I usually come and go from though and I figured it would be best to show you what I see.


 
That wonderful building looming in the distance is my dorm room...  I'm somewhere on the far left, behind the gate.
Of course I can't forget about Lawson's, the place I wander to whenever I need some quick food or am in a hurry.  It truly is a store of convenience.


This, my friends, is what a 24 hour convenience store looks like.  Tiny, with a vending machine for cigarette purchases in the front, and men and women leisurely smoking.

The giant red poster is an ad for  a sticker collection that Lawson often has.   The task is to collect a number and get items such as cups, plates, towels, and bags.  They're all limited time.  I'm currently doing the one posted here, got 13 stickers out of the needed 30.  The item this time, if you can't see it, is a plate with little bunnies on one part of the plate.  When I get it I'll show it to you.

For those curious, other limited items that I have gathered thus far include:



2 Rilakkuma duck cups, I got two because I had the time and was collecting more than enough stickers anyways.


Also a variety of folders.

I heard that in times of crisis or emergency Lawson's is also very accommodating.  They give food and water to those who need it, and of course allow people to use the (usually inaccessible) bathrooms in the back.  Thank you for your kindness 24hour Conbini.

Now that that's done... here's the entrance to my current home, the girl's dorm on Reitaku campus:

No the girl didn't know I took a picture...it's her fault, she saw me holding the camera!


This is where our mail is delivered.  Surprisingly, to get the larger packages we actually have to go to the boy's dorm and talk to the people there...


How lazy people (me) get to the right floor.

You've already seen my room n stuff in the other post, so I won't bore you with it all again.

Moving on to the campus.  It consists of different sections, a preschool, an elementary/middle school, a high school, and the college.  In fact, they also have a graduate school across the street, but it is counted on the map as a part of the college...

Here's a map...




This lovely building is Kaede.  It's where most of the discussion classes take place.  I have two classes on this building, both on the fourth floor.


This is what the lecture hall looks like.  I don't have any classes like this, all my classes are smaller in size, the largest class having I believe 12 people in it.


Hi Cho, Hi Sarah.


This is what my class looks like from the inside.


Hi Cho, Sarah look this way!

Asunaro, another building, one that is, in my opinion, much more beautiful than Kaede (Though I have no pictures of its outside) has something like a lounge on the inside.  It is where most of my classes take place.




Lounge complete with computers.  On the other side of this wall is a little hall with vending machines for those who want their thirst quenched before class.

On a tour of the campus that took place on the second or maybe third day of coming to Japan, we were taken through the more foresty areas of Reitaku.  It was really beautiful, and there is no way pictures can express it, but I thought I would try.


This is Sakura, a cafeteria located in the near center of all of Reitaku.
It's named "Sakura" because in Spring, the sakura trees surrounding the building bloom.
You can bet I'm gonna take pictures.
 
This bench shot is, by far, one of my more favorite pictures.
 
The choice is yours.  Which path will you take?

Finally, lets end this with a picture of the founder of Reitaku, or I think he's the founder.
(Ignore my chubwubs, I never noticed how fat I was then!)

Strive for your dreams.


Until next time...maybe even tomorrow.  I'm going to Karaoke.

またね。。。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a marshmallow?