Monday, December 12, 2011

Japanese Dorm Rooms, and the View

So, I just received my memory card reader and am really, really happy.  Of course, I'm happy about all the other stuff that came in that wonderful wonderful box, but having a memory card reader really makes my day.

So for today's post, I've decided to give a bit of a layout on just what my campus of Reitaku University looks like.

Starting from my room...






First of all, I live on the third floor of the five storey building that is the Reitaku Dorms, on the opposite, and I mean opposite side of the entrance.  (Right by the Emergency Exit...)


Though unreadable, the red circles indicate which door is the emergency exit, and which is my room...



Shoe box with all your bathroom needs sitting on top.
(Board and supplies not included with room.  ;D)

Finally, opening the door.....

Welcome to the luxuriousness that is a Japanese single bedroom dorm room.  It's maybe 1/4th the size my room in America is, but it definitely is comfy and not too cramped.


Look, look, I already put the sheets I just got today on my bed!  :D

I never noticed how bare the right wall looked upon entry......maybe I should rectify---nah too lazy.

Some wonderful close ups of all the different components of a room. 
This, my friends, is the heater and the air conditioner.  Don't worry, it comes with the room!


Bookshelf, filled with stuff!


Night Stand, filled with stuff...  And if you're reading this Bekah, yes that is your hairband.  I stole it.  :P


Closet, filled with stuff.  Most of it clothes.  And that box is new.  ;D


Desk, covered in stuff.                                                                                                    Oh look, my suit cases!  :D


My bed, covered in stuff.  Looks comfy!

Well, you get the picture, that's the basic layout of my room.

I have a balcony, kinda, outside of my room.  It's mainly for hanging laundry, as it's not spacious enough to comfortably sit and look at the scenery, and the ledge is a bit high.  I also share it with three other people.  Talk about awkward if one of them has their undergarments hanging and I'm just chilling around outside.


View from my balcony.

Anyways, that's it for tonight!  Tomorrow, lets go on a photograph tour of the campus, including the entrance to the dorms, the cafeteria, and Lawson.  またね。

2 comments:

  1. Hi, came to your blogspot from FFnet (love your Fluri fics btw!). Just curious, weren't you scared that people would steal your stuff outside your door? But either way, the room definitley looks comfy! :)

    Olivine
    olivine92@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I plan on studying abroad in Japan in college, BUT, I have a small dog that I would have to take with me. Would I have to get an apartment? Or do dorms allow pets? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a marshmallow?