Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ikebukuro, Hakuouki fun~

Do it while you can!  It's only till the end of May!


Tasty looking Hijikata, as usual~





From the 14th of April to the 27th of May, a Hakuouki (薄桜鬼)event is going down in Ikebukuro.  I decided that I just had to participate in the event.  It's all for the love of Okita~~~

It's a very simple event.  The food creates things in the shape of popular anime, manga, and game characters and sells them to people for a relatively cheap price (Most expensive thing I saw was for 1100yen, and it was a lunch set).  When you buy one, you get the food item as well as a photo style card with the character that you chose printed on it.

I went today, April 29, 2012, with a few of my Japanese friends.

Standing in front of the dorm elevator~

The actual location, as I found out once we got there, was a separate "town" in which you have to pay 300 yen just to enter. 


The actual space of Namjatown is two levels.  The first level includes mainly purchasable goods and crane machines.  The second level includes all of the food.

They mark you with a stamp if you want to leave so that you can enter again in the same day.

Anyways, back to Hakuouki.  The "menu" of Hakuouki consisted of mostly desserts and were spread throughout the eating area.  So we stopped for some food first at a curry shop.

This was "Indo" curry.  It wasn't spicy in the least, though it had a spice factor of 3/5 on the menu.

Ends up that one of the specials was in the curry shop.  I opted not to purchase it, though it was an Okita Souji themed one, for one reason.  Souji's foods have a tendency to be too sweet.  I really didn't want to eat a sweet lunch instead of curry.  

His "lunch set" consisted of sweetened rice and nori and a bowl of conpeito...  I love you Souji, but.....uh.....

Anyways, after lunch and digesting for a few hours (In which we spent time looking through the nearby goods stores) we went to seek out our desserts.

Here's the menu....

 

From Left to Right.
  1. Okita Souji's 'lunch' set. (Comes with a Chizuru feeding Souji Card)
  2. Harada Sanosuke, Nagakura Shinpachi, or Todo Heisuke ice cream. (Comes with a card with all 3, regardless of who you buy)
  3. Hijikata Toshizo ice cream cup.  (Comes with a sexy shot of Hijikata half shirtless and surrounded in cherry blossoms)
  4. 5 senbe with pictures of Hijikata on two, Kazama Chikage on two, and a picture of cherry blossoms on the last one, with the message "I give you an oni's name, Hakuouki!" (Comes with a card of Chikage getting stabbed by Hijikata)
  5. Yamazaki Susumu ice cream. (Comes with a card in which Susumu is charging at an enemy.)
  6. Okita Souji ice cream*
  7. Chikage Pasta (Comes with a card with Chikage relaxing in the cherry blossoms)
  8. Saito Hajime Burger (Comes with a -kinda creepy- card close up of Saito's face)
  9. Snow Bunny Mochi (Comes with a Saito in the cherry blossoms Card)
  10. Hijikata face ice cream (Comes with a Hijikata pointing his sword at you card)
The reason I don't detail number 6 is because that's the one I bought, thus the one I'll be going into greater detail about...

 Ignore the unattractive girl.

So, the cup shown is the Souji ice cream listed on number 6.  It was much sweeter than I thought it would be, having a full serving of soft serve ice cream as well as nama cream and raspberry sauce drizzled all over it.  To top it off, what else did Souji's overly sweet item have?  Con-flipping-peito.  

That's what the senbe looks like from up close.



He says "Boku ga kimi wo koroshite ageru yo." This means "I'll kill you." in a tone that makes it sound like he's doing it for your sake.


This is the card that came with the treat.  It would be really cute if it didn't have that sad "fleeting" feeling of Souji watching the cherry blossoms fly from his hand.  I feel like his personal cards are always hinting at his tuberculosis...  He always has a rather melancholic face in these things...




 

On a little side note, one of my friends actually got the hijikata ice cream.  He was cute as hell but a little creepy when she had eaten half of his face.

 








Moving onto the goods.  I thought it would be a select your goods and buy them thing, but it's actually greatly chance based.  Each try is 300 yen.  There are 5 different colors.  Blue, Purple, White, Red, and Black.  Blue being the lowest and black the highest.

You purchase the ticket with the amount of times you want to try already decided.  I tried 5 times.  The first two I got blue, the third I got white, the fourth purple, and the fifth black.

Blue got me a paper with a picture printed on it (also chance based):
 
Purple and White both got me pins, though the white one was significantly larger than the purple one.  Yay~ Okita!


Black was the "Grand Prize" being the prize called "Rasetsu" (Demon turned Humans after drinking processed blood of an Oni).

It got me this rather large (and heavy) plate with all the characters on it.


All in all, not bad for 300 yen each.


Ciao for Now~~~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So beautiful!
    Sorry for my bad English, however, I'd really like to visit Japan!
    I love Hakuouki too. And, yes, my favourite character is Okita Souji ^^
    I'd never tought that such genre of events would exists somewhere in the world.
    Really a good blog!
    Byeeee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a marshmallow?