Monday, October 3, 2011

Another Week, another Blog

Alrighty.  Time for some updating huh....  Well today is Monday in Japan, it's about 5:30 PM here.  Classes officially get out at 6PM but I don't have a fifth period class today, so here I am.

Beware, it's another mass of words.  I would say that this one is for my own memory.



September 28th 2011

Well, a few weeks ago, we went and found a place called Aeon.  I think it's the biggest shopping center in South Kashiwa because this town is not filled with skyscraper buildings like Tokyo or even the main Kashiwa.  Getting to Aeon from Reitaku University is quite a bit of a walk.  Don't ever try to do it without good shoes, as I sadly did.  I wore sandals like an idiot.  I knew I should have worn tennies but I didn't think about it.  That was the day I bought my bedsheet, blanket, and pillow.  Wewt comfy.

Aeon is a multi-story building with multiple shops on the first three floors, the last two floors are a hotel of some sort.  The first floor is strictly a food mart.  You pick up your lovely groceries there.  The second floor goes into the clothing section and also has a nice fast food area.  (I didn't eat there!  I swear!  Though I was tempted by Baskin Robbins.)  The third and final shopping floor deals with home goods.  Blankets, pillows, cooking utensils and school junk.

Anyways, we went again maybe wednesday or thursday because Elize wanted to pick up some baking goods and a nice blanket (much like mine- wait exactly like mine!  Blasphemy!).  This time I was smart enough to go in tennies!    I went and picked up a nice planner.  (It actually managed to start in October instead of January!)  It cost me nearly 2000 yen.  That coupled with the nice One Piece merchandise I've been finding like crazy caused my total expenses in that particular shop to be around 3500 yen.

I didn't realize One Piece was so popular in Japan!  It's more popular than both Naruto and Bleach.  Either Luffy or Chopper's faces are plastered on so many things it's ridiculous.  Books, food, even clothing.  I found a nice pair of Chopper socks and a Chopper hat pillow in Kashiwa for goodness sakes.

Anyways, we walked back home and relaxed the rest of the day away.  Neglecting to do our homework, whoops!

September 29th 2011

On this day, I spent most of my time in the library.  There was still no internet in my room, hmmphhhh.  Anyways, I started the morning with real mundane things, doing laundry.  Going to class, and then sitting around in the library until around 5PM.  That was when Sarah contacted Elize via text message (we got internet~!), and I rushed over to the dorm hoping I didn't miss out on mine.

We had thought some doods were gonna march into our room and set up the internet.  Ends up there are no men walking into our room and fixing up our internet.  Oh nooo.  All they had to do was turn it on downstairs.  Sarah and I wonder why it couldn't be done earlier.  Oh well, pain, pain.  We got our internet now.  We spent the rest of the day huddled in our respective rooms (In Elize's case, huddled in the hallway- since Sarah and her are sharing and splitting the bills, I have to pay on my own gedemnittt) like the hermits that we truly are.

I finished watching both No. 6 and Tiger and Bunny.  I am sincerely pissed at No. 6's crappy ending.  Didn't explain a damn thing!

I found out the next day, in class, that Elize spooked a few people by huddling in the corner.  No one expected someone to just be sitting there.  Hahahaha.

September 30th, 2011

We went to a nice little shop called Bookoff on this day.  They sell real cheap books.  I mean, really, really, really, cheap.  You can find some manga for 105 yen each.  I found a few real cheap games too!  Like, uh.  Tales of Vesperia....~! and, and, Tales of Versus.  I bought both.  Cost around 1500 yen for both games.

Well, we had to go after class, but we did go.  It was almost 6 when we finally took off, after getting out of class and walking to the post office to withdraw some nice yen.  I took out 10000 yen, and Sarah, Cho (my Korean friend, who told me a nasty piece of information about Korean beauty), and I walked to the store.  None of us really knew where it was, but I had seen a map the day before and knew the general direction.  It took about 40 minutes to walk to the place.

We had to ask a dood for some directions at the end, thinking we were severely lost, but it was like, 4 minutes away from where we were.  And we got there!  Geez!  Anyways, I bought myself roughly 6 books, each 105 yen, and two games.  It cost about 2200 yen total, but ended up being cheaper because Sarah got a coupon for spending 1000 yen.  I got 50 yen off my price.   :D

When we began our long trek back, Cho suddenly said, "あああ、ここはしてます!”  In other words, she knew where we were, and knew a shorter way home!  Deng, way to hold out Cho!  It took maybe 10 minutes to get back to the train station, and another 10 minutes to walk back to the dorm.  That's half the time it took to get to the store in the first place!

Afterwords, we each looked at our fine haul.  For Sarah, a few books, and a nice art book from clamp, and for Cho, a nice dirty BL book.  My first BL loving Korean friend!  Hahaha!  Her tastes are one level higher than mine though.  I wouldn't dare read it.

Saturday, October 1st, 2011

Saturday was what we thought was a festival.  We knew it started at approximately 2PM, so we decided to go to Kashiwa.  We as in Sarah, Elize, and I, by the way.  Ends up, floor 5's floor leader, Tomomi joined in on the fun and took us a bunch of places in Kashiwa.  The main goal was to find some nice Halloween costumes.  I was expecting to spend around 8000 yen, so I brought the leftovers of the money I didn't spend at Bookoff.  Huhuhuhu.

We ended up finding some real nice costumes at one of the stores, but it barely fit Sarah, so Elize and i decided that if it wouldn't fit that twig, then it wouldn't fit either of us...  All three of us decided to go with Charlie's Angels, school girl style, so we bought the actual School Girl shirt, sweater vest, and a bow.  I'm real happy I brought my skirt now, since it meant I didn't have to buy a new one.  It cost me around 2000 yen for everything.

Then we also bought some real cheap things, like socks that were crazy on sale from 600 yen down to 99 yen instead, so i bought three pairs.  For food, Elize and I bought some crepes and Sarah and Tomomi shared a box of fresh made Takoyaki.  They insisted Elize and I try one, and it was surprisingly really, really tasty.  The crepe was around 400 yen.  Tomomi had a アルバイト (part time job) to run off to, but she stuck around until about 4PM.  After we parted ways with her, we decided to return to school and check out the festival.

It ended up not being a festival, darn!

Still, I spent an additional 1100 yen on a cup and umbrella.  The cup has Reitaku Daigaku written on it like this:  麗 澤 大 学 all around the cup in blue.  If I could attach photos of it, I totally would... :(  That was money well spent......

After chilling around the area for a while, Sarah and I returned to the dorm.  Elize came back not long after, after palling around with her "potential" the nickname I gave the boy that she is interested in.  She said she was going to go drinking with him in a little while.  So before she left, we tried our school girl outfits out.  The whole "school girl" thing looks much better with an actual shirt, by the way.

After, Elize ran off with her potential, not to be heard from again until almost 12 AM, and Sarah and I got ready to go to Volleyball for the night.  After Volleyball, we sat around the kitchen for a while and then retreated into Sarah's room, where we watched videos online until Elize returned with new juicy information about her potential.  (No, he doesn't have a girlfriend!)

We decided to call it a night and retreated into our respective rooms.

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011

I slept in until around 10:30, stayed on the internet, and then decided to go to Bookoff.  Both Sarah and Elize were still sleeping when I went to their rooms at around 12PM so I went without them.  I bought 7 more books and a new cd to add to my growing collection, and was left with around 1600 yen left at hand.  So I retreated back to the dorm (getting there around 4PM) and hopped online where I chatted with my mother as I looked over those books.

The CD sucked, by the way.  It's a good thing it was cheap.  (Japanese CD's and DVD's are flipping expensive!)

So from my 10000 yen I withdrew a few days ago, I was left with only 1600 left......ehehehe....  I think I spend money a bit fast here.....

Anyways, I'll be back again eventually.  Hopefully with some interesting information and a way of posting pictures online....if it's not too expensive.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a marshmallow?